|SHIPPING A FIREARM - FFL's AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
BudsPoliceSupply.Com will transfer ownership of any firearm ONLY to individuals or agencies in possession of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL).
This means we cannot ship directly to you (unless you have an FFL).
(Click here to learn how to have a gun shipped near you.)
At your request
BudsPoliceSupply.Com will transfer your purchased firearm to a licensed gun dealer in your state.
This transfer fee is strictly between you and your local dealer. It is your responsibility to check with your local dealer concerning
any policy of this kind and concerning your obligations. You do not pay BudsPoliceSupply.com the transfer fee. By purchasing a firearm
from us you acknowledge that you may have to pay your dealer a fee for transferring the gun to you.
- It is your responsibility to complete all required paperwork when you pick up your purchase from your local dealer.
- It is your responsibility to contact the FFL dealer.
- Be aware that it is customary for your local dealer to charge a transaction fee at the time you pick up your purchase.
You the buyer are responsible for forwarding a copy of the FFL and all pertinent contact information to BudsPoliceSupply.com. Our contact information is as follows:
1105 Industry Road
Lexington, KY 40505
Fax Number (now accepting FFL's via fax):
Email: Click here to email us.
Our hours of operation are (Eastern Standard Time):
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
We can ship firearms to a Police Department (except CA and NJ). To do so, we require on official
letterhead a letter from the Police Department's chief stating:
- Officers name and home address
- Make and model of firearm
- gun will be used for official duty use and not for resale
- background check on the purchaser/officer has been done
- officer has not been convicted of domestic violence or any felonies
- request is signed by you and a Lieutenant or higher
- you submit a copy of your drivers license
If you cannot provide the letter, we can ship to a
local firearms dealer or store if we have a copy of their Federal Firearms
License (FFL). Read the above note about the FFL process for more.
Firearms will ship within 3-7 working days after we receive your payment and a copy of the Federal Firearms License. Non-firearm orders will be shipped from 3 to 7 days after we receive your payment.
HAWAII OR ALASKA ORDERS
Shipping charges to Alaska and Hawaii will be greater than our standard charges. Please call to get a quote on shipping.
Returns are accepted for defective merchandise only. DO NOT TAKE POSSESSION OF YOUR GUN IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ORDER. Please inspect your gun thoroughly before proceeding with the transfer. Once a gun is transfered to you it is considered USED, even if you have not fired it. Consequently, we cannot take to gun back and provide a full refund.
Payment methods accepted by BudsPoliceSupply.Com are
- Money Order
- Certifed Check
- Personal Checks (merchandise will be held for 10 business days for check to clear prior to shipping)
- Visa (3% cash discount does not apply to credit card orders)
- Mastercard (3% cash discount does not apply to credit card orders)
- Discover (3% cash discount does not apply to credit card orders)
- Layaway: 20% non-refundable deposit; pay balance in 30 days.
PICKING UP ITEMS FROM OUR RETAIL STORE
If you intend to pick up an item from our retail store that you have ordered, we charge a $25 handling fee. Allow 4 working days before pickup. Be sure to call in advance to see if your order is ready.
We must charge Kentucky sales tax (6%) if you pick a gun up from the retail store.
(You should see this amount calculated into your order before you complete your purchase).
If you are not a legal resident of Kentucky you cannot pick up a handgun from our store;
you must have the gun transferred to a dealer in your state. You may pick up a rifle or shotgun from our store
if it is legal to own in your state of residence.